In this issue:
1. Law Division can find defendant guilty on observation DWI even if Municipal Court found guilty on per se source.
2. Expungement permitted for possession with intent.
3. Pardon permits expungement.
4. Upcoming charity races-
5. More New articles on website this week
6. FOR LEASE: OFFICE SPACE
1. Law Division can find defendant guilty on observation DWI even if Municipal Court found guilty on per se source. State v. Kashi 180 NJ 45 (2004).
The New Jersey Supreme Court affirmed substantially for the reasons expressed by the Appellate Division in its opinion reported at 360 N.J. Super. 538 (2003). Double jeopardy is not implicated in a case where the Law Division in a trial de novo convicts on the charge of driving while intoxicated based on the evidence of the police officer's observations even though the Municipal Court concluded that the evidence was insufficient. Source: New Jersey Lawyer June 7, 2004 p. 17
2. Expungement permitted for possession with intent. State v. P.L. 369 NJ Super. 24 (App. Div. 2004).
N.J.S.A. 2C:52-2c clearly and unambiguously allows the expungement of a conviction for possession of CDS with intent to distribute, as opposed to a conviction for an actual or intended sale of CDS, which is precluded by the statute. Source: New Jersey Lawyer May 24, 2004 p. 25
3. Pardon permits expungement. In Re Petition of L.B. For Expungement of Criminal Records 369 NJ Super. 354 (Law Div. 2004).
A pardon granted by the Governor permits expungement of a criminal record that would otherwise be barred by statute. Source: New Jersey Lawyer May 31, 2004 p. 18
4. Upcoming charity races- Applications on line www.raceforum.com, in my Law office's reception area. and Runner's High Store. 454 Main St., Metuchen
10/2/2004 Carnegie Center 5k , 9:30am, fun run, 9am West Windsor, NJ 609-631-9211
10/9/2004 The Rat Race 3.6 miles, 10:11 am Wall, NJ 732-988-4953
10/24/2004 East Brunswick Road Races 5k, 10k East Brunswick, NJ 732-839-2129
5. More New articles on website: civil, Criminal, Elder, litigation articles added to website www.njlaws.com
Landlord Liability for Injuries
Misdemeanors and Disorderly Person offenses in New Jersey
Probation and Suspended Sentence in Superior Court matters
Penalties for Possession of Indictable Drugs in New Jersey- Possession of a Schedule I Narcotic
6. FOR LEASE: OFFICE SPACE
We have finally received preliminary planning board approval for our office building expansion and parking lot. PROFESSIONAL OFFICE SPACE IS AVAILABLE IN EDISON LAW OFFICE. The building is suitable for two to three tenants.
We will have available approximately 700 square feet of office space for $1,200.00 per month [Approximately $10 per square foot]. The rooms are located on the 1st floor of the building and can be used for common recreation.
Owner of building is local attorney, Kenneth Vercammen who specializes in Personal Injury, Probate Law, Criminal Law.
The following is included with rental:
General Liability Insurance
Use of Fax Machine For Outgoing Faxes
Landscaping / Snow Removal
Cleaning of Common Area
Location is on high traffic street near Route 1 and Raritan Center.
Provides a great opportunity for referrals to Financial Planners, Accountants, Insurance Agents, and other Business Professionals.
Thank you for reading our newsletter! God Bless America USA #1
Kenneth Vercammen, Esq.
2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison, NJ 08817
NEW PHONE 732-572-0500
New (Fax) 732-572-0030
Editor's Note and Disclaimer: All materials Copyright 2004. You may pass along the information on the NJ Laws Newsletter and website, provided the name and address of the Law Office is included.
Always schedule an office appointment with an experienced attorney when you have a legal matter. The Rules of Court limit an attorney's ability to discuss matters over the phone. If you have legal questions, you should schedule an in- office consultation.
Removals handled by webmaster lonekeep.com. To remove, email back & type in subject remove. Removals are performed by the webmaster once per month.