2053 Woodbridge Avenue - Edison, NJ 08817

Tuesday, August 01, 2023

E666 VercammenLaw News

1. Probate NJ & What is the Executor of Estate in a Probate Case

2. DWI & what Attorney will do

3. Eluding Police Penalties

4. Guardianship of Disabled Adults

5. Photo Donna Lease Brazile and Ken V at ABA Mid-Year meeting

6. Happy Mother's Day to Moms and our Moms in Heaven


1. Probate NJ & What is the Executor of Estate in a Probate Case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxzB27JjSP4&t=12s

    What is the Executor of Estate in a Probate Case? When someone passes away with a valid Will, the Executor becomes the person who carries out the terms of the Will. When there is no Will the process becomes much more difficult and expensive and is called an Administration. The Executor must "probate" the Will. Probate is a process by which a Will is admitted. This means that the Will is given legal effect by the court. When the attorney receives the initial call from the Executor, the attorney will Email or mail a Probate/ Inheritance/ Estate Administration Questionnaire below. This interview form is simple and does not ask for detailed financial information that often is not needed at first.

2. DWI & what Attorney will do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjc2972byho

    Offense: DWI 39:4-50   Representation/What we will do for you. We will review and research necessary statutes and caselaw, contact the prosecutor, prepare defenses and determine mitigating factors.

1. Telephone consultation with client; 2. Office consultation with client; 3. Offer sound legal advice to client, plus access to our legal info website www.njlaws.com; 4. Preparation of Letter of Representation to Municipal Court; 5. Preparation of Letter of Representation to Municipal Court Prosecutor; 6. Preparation of statement to provide legal services; 7. Copies of all correspondence to Court and Prosecutor to client; 8. Opening of file and access to legal information online; 9. Review of necessary statutes and case law; 10. Follow up with Municipal Prosecutor for discovery if suspension or jail is likely; 11. Prepare defense and mitigating factors; 12. Miscellaneous correspondence, preparation and drafting of pleadings and legal documents in contested serious cases; 13. Review documents supplied by client and court; 14. Negotiations with the Prosecutor; 15. Set up Zoom hearing; 16. Representation in Virtual Municipal Court via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or phone. Note additional fees will apply if we will be required to travel to a court instead of Virtual online; 17. Preparation of End of Case Letter Free Brochures available on other legal topics such as Worker's Comp, Wills, Personal Injury; 18. Free monthly update e-mail newsletter. Provide your email address; 19. Follow up telephone advice [If you call, provide the specific questions with the message]; 20. Invitation to annual client socials/ seminars and Community events via email; 21. Hold and maintain file for seven years in storage as free client service; 22. Free T- shirt, Pen, Please ask Ken V or staff upon retaining the office. Client can pay by check [mailed or dropped off in our mail slot], cash by appointment or credit card. Please email how you wish to pay up front. For Credit Card Charges, law office needs: 1. Card number; 2. Expiration


3. Eluding Police Penalties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSh3aHPlH1o

    Eluding Police 2C:29-2b Any person, while operating a motor vehicle on any street or highway in this State or any vessel, as defined pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1995, c.401 (C.12:7-71), on the waters of this State, who knowingly flees or attempts to elude any police or law enforcement officer after having received any signal from such officer to bring the vehicle or vessel to a full stop commits a crime of the third degree; except that, a person is guilty of a crime of the second degree if the flight or attempt to elude creates a risk of death or injury to any person. 2nd degree 5-10 years prison $150,000 fine [presumption of jail] 3rd degree 3- 5 years $15,000 fine 1 year- 5 year probation.

There are dozens of other penalties a court can impose, depending on the type of matter. Read www.njlaws.com/jail_for_crimes_and_disorderly_conduct.html

If you or a family member are charged with a criminal offense, you should retain an experienced criminal attorney to argue to reduce the penalties!

4. Guardianship of Disabled Adults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Kw4p1UfVM

    Occasionally an individual cannot manage his or her life as a result of a mental or physical disability, alcohol or drug addiction. If a legally prepared power of attorney was signed, a trusted family member, friend or professional can legally act on that persons affairs. If a Power of Attorney was not signed, your attorney must file a formal complaint and other legal pleadings in the Superior Court to permit the trusted family member, friend or professional to be able to handle financial affairs. It is a very expensive and sad proceeding. Kenneth Vercammen’s Office represents persons seeking legal Guardianship of a Disabled Parent or Adult Family Member. More info at http://www.njlaws.com/guardianship_of_disabled_adults.html

5. Photo Donna Lease Brazile and Ken V at ABA Mid-Year meeting

Donna Lease Brazile is an American political strategist, campaign manager and political analyst who served twice as acting Chair of the Democratic National Committee. She is currently an ABC News contributor, and was previously a Fox News contributor.

6. Happy Mother's Day to Moms and our Moms in Heaven

    Mother’s Day is always a time to remember the fun times we had with our Moms in our youth. To my mom Carol V. I was always the first to call on Mother’s day, birthday, Christmas. I called you at home but you weren't there. I love you and miss you. The days will never wipe away the good trips, weekends in the Poconos and happy days we spent together.



I found this poem to share:


I love you and I miss you mom, 

and though you’ve passed away, 

you‘ll never be forgotten, 

for I think of you each day. 


If heaven celebrates this day 

how special it will be. 

A gathering of the many moms 

upon our family tree. 


Your mother and grandmother 

and great grandmother too. 

How wonderful it is, that they 

can spend this day with you. 


May you know how much I love you 

though I’m here and you are there. 

Happy Mother’s Day in heaven 

to the best mom anywhere! 


I’ll Celebrate Instead of Cry 

Another Mother’s Day is here, 

And I still miss having you near. 

You were the best mom you could be, 

And I never once doubted your love for me. 


I could spend each Mother’s Day in sorrow, 

Crying and wishing you were here, 

But instead I choose to celebrate your life, 

A life I still hold so dear. 


I know you’d rather see me smile 

Than stand here with tears in my eyes. 

So I’ll do my best to honor your memory, 

And you’ll live on as long as I am alive. 


Every day I think of you. 

For a brief moment 

a smile crosses my face. 

My memories bring me happiness 

but are soon replaced by sadness. 


After all, you are gone. 

You are gone. 

So the happiness is gone. 

Oh how I miss my best friend. 

my mother 


I wish so much you were here. 

You loved me no matter what. 

I mattered to someone. 

I belonged to someone. 

Do I now? 

No. 

I cry. 


So I ask, are you still around? 

Are you in the air I breath? 

Are you proud of me? 

Reach out 

can you feel me? 

Look 

can you see my tears? 

Listen 

do you hear my fears? 

my thoughts, my prayers? 

I wish you were here. 

Please stay near. 


I’ll ask for a sign 

but get no reply. 

I don’t no why I try, 

but I still try. 

~ Unknown


Carol Ann Vercammen on Legacy:

    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/starledger/obituary.aspx?n=carol-ann-vercammen&pid=194213277&fhid=17076

Thank you for reading and sharing our Newsletter.

 

Friends and clients can help us by....

 

Adding a great review on Google:








https://www.google.com/#q=Kenneth+Vercammen&lrd=0x89c3c87ea72dbd57:0xdbd3622846daeec9,1


Liking us on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/Kenneth-Vercammen-Associates-PC-Law-Office-Edison-NJ-08817-149816077985/reviews/


Help us with a review on Avvo:

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/08817-nj-kenneth-vercammen-571594.html


Help us with a review on Yelp:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kenneth-vercammen-and-assoc-attorney-at-law-edison