June 26, 2009
In This Issue
Recent Important Cases...
1. Police cannot Search Car Passenger Compartment if Occupant Already Arrested.
2. Ordinance can bar taking of Photos for Sale.
3. Rat Balloon Ordinance Violates Free Speech.
4. Friends of Kenneth Vercammen and Jim Capraro are invited to their 50th Birthday Party.
5. More New Legal Podcasts & Video on the Kenneth Vercammen YouTube Channel.
Main Website with 500 + articles and 1,000 + links
Recent Important Cases...
1. Police cannot Search Car Passenger Compartment if Occupant Already Arrested. Arizona v. Gant 129 S. Ct. 1710 (2009)
Police may search the passenger compartment of a vehicle incident to a recent occupant's arrest only if it is reasonable to believe that an arrestee might access the vehicle at the time of the search or that the vehicle contains evidence of the offense of arrest. The Arizona Supreme Court's reversal of Defendant's drug conviction is affirmed.
2. Ordinance can bar taking of Photos for Sale. State v. Chepilko 405 NJ Super. 446 (App. Div. 2009)
The taking of photographs of persons walking on the Atlantic City Boardwalk and then attempting to sell the photographs to the subjects does not constitute expressive conduct entitled to First Amendment protection that insulates a person engaged in this activity from prosecution for a violation of municipal other Boardwalk.
3. Rat Balloon Ordinance Violates Free Speech. State v. DeAngelo 197 NJ 478 (2009)
The Lawrence Township sign ordinance violates the First Amendment right to free speech and is overbroad.
4. Friends of Kenneth Vercammen and Jim Capraro are invited to their 50th Birthday Party
WHEN: Saturday, July 18 5pm- 11pm
Join us for an exciting evening. Swimming Pool, Food, 8 person Hot tub plus Tiki Bar. DJ Blender drinks
LOCATION: South Brunswick NJ at 16 & 17 Ireland Brook Dr. near Farrington Lake, off Route 130 and Rt. 522)
DIRECTIONS: Visit our website at www.njlaws.com for directions to Ireland Brook Dr., or email/fax/call and we will send directions
Yes, We will be attending the party - email yes
No gifts please.
Ok to bring something for the Tiki Bar!
5. More New Legal Podcasts & Video on the Kenneth Vercammen YouTube Channel
Federal Estate & Gift Tax Changes
Inheritance Tax Returns
Duty of Executor of Will
Editorial Assistance of this email newsletter was provided by Timothy O' Donnell. Mr O' Donnell is currently participating in Kenneth Vercammen's Summer Internship Program. This fall Mr. O' Donnell will be entering his second year at Seton Hall University Law School.
Thank you for reading our newsletter! God Bless America USA #1
Our hope is that every one of our current subscribers will sign up at least one friend as a new subscriber to the NJ Laws Newsletter. If you know someone who would also like to receive this email newsletter, please have them email us at:(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Law blogs:
NJ Criminal Law Blog - http://njcriminallaw.blogspot.com/
NJ Personal Injury & Civil Law Blog- http://njlawspersonalinjury.blogspot.com/
NJ Elder Law Blog -http://elder-law.blogspot.com/
We appreciate continued referrals. We want to take the time to extend to our friends and clients our sincere gratitude because it is good friends and clients that make our business grow. Client recommendation is a very important source of new clients to us. We are grateful for the recommendation of new clients. We will do our best to give all clients excellent care. We shall do our best to justify all recommendations.
"Celebrating more than 23 years of providing excellent service to clients 1985-2009" Former Prosecutor.
Free T- shirts and soda can holders available for all current and past clients. Please come into the office.